Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 2006 23:10:26 GMT
From:      Rostislav Krasny <rosti.bsd@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/94377 : [patch] /etc/rc.d/sshd improperly tests random dev state

The following reply was made to PR conf/94377; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Rostislav Krasny <rosti.bsd@gmail.com>
To: Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
Cc: Florent Thoumie <flz@FreeBSD.org>, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: conf/94377 : [patch] /etc/rc.d/sshd improperly tests random dev
 state
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 00:13:30 +0300

 On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 13:14:04 -0700 (PDT)
 Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com> wrote:

 > *shrug* The patch sat idle for 4 months, so you had your chance to say
 > your piece. I don't think doing another merge cycle just to sate a minor
 > stylistic nit is justified. This code runs once any time the rc script is
 > executed, which on most systems is once on boot. Its not like we're trying
 > to shave cycles here.

 I'm not a FreeBSD developer and I don't check every patch in GNATS or
 every commit in HEAD. I've seen that particular patch, for the first
 time, only when it has been MFCed to RELENG_6. Your version is working
 and I'm not pushing you to change it. But I think

 [ "${seeded}" = "0" ]

 is not only more efficient but also more readable than

 [ "x${seeded}" != "x" ] && [ ${seeded} -eq 0 ]

 That is why I wrote my first email. Do with it whatever you think is
 right to do.