Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 22:03:10 -0800
From:      ONE-MO <onemo@jps.net>
To:        "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compaq ida driver patch

OK, here's the latest status.

I used your hacked ida.c, noticing a couple changes in addition to the port
address. I rebuilt my kernel with the ida port specified as 0x1000. Upon
booting, I did NOT receive the same process lockup upon accessing the
drive. However, I DID receive many errors about the slices and other
geometry not matching.

So, I decided to check the Array Config Utility and see exactly what
settings I had left it at. The Operating System selected was Unix/Xenix and
the RAID5 array used all available disk space. I decided to delete the
array, change the OS to DOS/Windows, and recreate the array. This time, I
show 264Mb unused space along with the RAID5 logical drive (strange, I
thought). Upon saving this configuration and rebooting, I can now access
the drive without further problems.

Just for fun, I booted my kernel.old (the last kernel built with Mark's
original ida.c) and I again received the lockup upon access.

Thanks for the help, now if only I can determine exactly what it was the
corrected it....

MO!