Date:      Wed, 15 May 2002 21:11:37 -0500
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu>
To:        Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: makeworld problem - my first attempt at this

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 08:18 pm, Chip Wiegand wrote:
> In the handbook, 19.4.11 Update /dev, is the next step, but it is
> unnecessary if using devfs. I don't know if I am using devfs. UPDATING
> does not specify this step. Do I assume I am using devfs and assume
> another mergemaster will take care of it?

devfs is default only for 5-current, so you're not using it.  Mergemaster
looks for changes in MAKEDEV and will prompt you to run 'sh MAKEDEV all' if
necessary.  If it didn't, then it's not necessary.  If you want to do it
anyway, it won't hurt anything  :)

-David
--
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand...

Center for Cosmological Physics
The University of Chicago