Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 1996 09:32:51 +1100 (EST)
From:      Richard Lyon <rlyon@ozemail.com.au>
To:        Gary Kline <kline@tera.com>
Cc:        "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>, imdave@synet.net, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Net access to motif? Is this a goofy idea or what?

On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Gary Kline wrote:

> 	Closer and closer.  The Hungry Programmers are also working
> 	on XWord, which may be close to Word.  Or maybe not!  Anyway,
> 	hats off to the Lesstif bunch.
>
> 	When Lesstif is good enough to replace Motif, I'd be willing
> 	to do some of the ports.

mwm seems to be working ok. It has been running few a few weeks on 2.1.5.
All the configuration data and menus we use on HP machines at work run
with no problems. Porting apps to the final product should be a
relatively straight forward procedure.

Maybe then we can eliminate those X programs with weird interfaces and
have a friendly consistent interface.

Regards ...