Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 07:44:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bryan Liesner <bleez@netaxs.com>
To:        "freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "F. Heinrichmeyer" <fritz.heinrichmeyer@fernuni-hagen.de>, Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Subject:   Re: observations with the ata-driver (hd and zip drive)

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Soren Schmidt wrote:

<>It seems F. Heinrichmeyer wrote:
<>> more observations to the zip-drive problem:
<>> First the relevant dmesg-line:

I'm also still having a small problem with the ata driver and my HP
Colorado 8G.  I have it hanging off an ATAPI CDROM as a slave.
The dmesg says:

ata-pci1: <AcerLabs Aladdin IDE controller> irq 0 at device 11.0 on pci0
ata-pci1: Busmastering DMA supported
ata0: iobase=0x01f0 altiobase=0x03f6
ata0: mask=03 status0=00 status1=00
ata0: mask=03 status0=00 status1=00
ata0: devices = 0xc
ata0 at 0x01f0 irq 14 on ata-pci1

This indicates that it sees two ATAPI devices.  But when the system
starts up, all I get is:

ata0-master: piomode=4 dmamode=2 udmamode=2 dmaflag=1
atapi: MODE_SENSE_BIG - UNIT ATTENTION skey=6 asc=29 ascq=00 error=00
acd0: <DELTA OPC-K101/ST1 F/W by OIPD/VER-3.40> CDROM drive at ata0 as master
acd0: read 687KB/s (6875KB/s), 128KB buffer, PIO
acd0: supported read types: CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA, packet
acd0: Audio: play, 255 volume levels
acd0: Mechanism: ejectable tray
acd0: Medium: no/blank disc inside, unlocked

No tape drive is found.  All worked well with the old drivers.