Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 23:45:22 +0200 (SAST)
From:      fingers <fingers@fingers.co.za>
To:        Guy Middleton <guy@obstruction.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: IPSEC with Cisco VPN 3000?

Hi

> Has anybody successfully set up IPSEC between a FreeBSD box (I am using
> 4.3-STABLE) and a Cisco VPN 3000 concentrator?
>
> The Cisco wants a "group name" and "group password", and I
> can't tell how this maps to the racoon implementation of IKE keys.

They have a linux client available for download if you have CCO access
(and access to download 3DES software from them). That might give you some
answers.

Not sure if you can connect as a vpngroup member without their client.
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/index.shtml#vpn3000 might be worth a
read, with the index at http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/707/index.shtml.

Regards

--Rob