Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:31:26 -0400
From:      User & Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        JakeCatfox@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP Problem

As it was put forth by JakeCatfox@aol.com on Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 11:44:03PM -0400...
> OK .. I got the shell running, but now when I run the shell, I get the
> following:
>
> Starting PPP for shell.
> ppp[255]: Warning: label shell rejected -direct connection: Configuration
> label not found
>
> What should I do? ..

	Are you able to connect with ppp at all?  Try ppp, and at the command
prompt type dial papchap.  Also add allow username to ppp.conf and add
yourself to the network group in /etc/group.  Make sure allow [username] is
before papchap.  As for getting the shell to work, are you doing this

ppp -direct shell

	If so, it is because ppp looks at your ppp.conf file for these labels.
So far you have default, which it always reads first, and papchap.
/etc/ppp/ppp.linkup is read when the connection is established.  Maybe you
could put your shell script in here or call it from this file.  Good Luck.

Ian