Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 2009 20:08:48 -0400
From:      Anthony Michael Agelastos <iqgrande@gmail.com>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Superb documentation

Hello,

I've been a long-time user of FreeBSD partially due to the superb
documentation it provides.  Anyways, I am curious about how this
documentation is built.  I am a n00b when it comes to this sort of
thing, but it appears that you use DocBook and some style sheets to
auto-generate and auto-format the documentation.  I am familiar with
the concept of DocBook since I use LaTeX but am not even sure where to
begin even attempting it.  Do you have any recommended pieces of
software that help in speeding things along?  What software do you use
to create the final document?  Thank you for your insight into this.

Regards,

Anthony