Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 2014 22:15:02 -0400
From:      David Magda <dmagda@ee.ryerson.ca>
To:        James Welcher <jwelcher@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Syslogd question

On Apr 19, 2014, at 18:24, James Welcher <jwelcher@gmail.com> wrote:
[=85]
> How can I configure the server to locally log the network connections =
it
> receives, but NOT to forward these remotely received messages?
[=85]
> Anyone know how I can prevent syslogd from hopping/remote forwarding
> nowadays?

=46rom syslog.conf(5):

> A hostname specification of the form `#+hostname' or `+hostname' means =
the following blocks will be applied to messages received from =
thespecified hostname.  Alternatively, the hostname specification =
`#-hostname' or `-hostname' causes the following blocks to be applied to =
messages from any host but the one specified.  If the hostname is given =
as `@', the local hostname will be used.  As for program specifications, =
multiple comma-separated values may be specified for hostname =
specifications.

	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=3Dsyslog.conf

So you should try something like at the end:

	# Send messages from localhost to remotelogger.
	+@
	*.*		@remotelog.example.com

See also:

	https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/configtuning-syslog.html