Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 1997 17:42:27 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        KwPr@aol.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Streams and IPC Support.

Paul Romero asked:
> I am curious ... Does Free BSD have Streams and IPC support
> similar to that of ATT System 5 ? If so, how does one obtain
> the relevant software.

Yes and no.  Yes, it has the System 5 IPC mechanisms, and no it does
not have STREAMS.  You can configure your kernel to support the IPC
mechanisms using configuration options found in the "LINT" sample
configuration file.  See the FreeBSD Handbook for more infomation
on how to configure a kernel:

	http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook37.html#39