Date:      Mon, 03 Dec 2001 12:09:38 -0500
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Brainfart with Apache

	Ok, so I am supposed to know this already.  But I'm just having one of
those perpetual senior moments.  What entry do I need to make to the
.htaccess file on our server (running apache) so that it uses a different
default homepage (instead of index.html) when loading a
directory.  Example: mydomain.com/website/

	Someone pulls up that in their browser and it automatically loads the
index.html file into the browser rather than just showing the
directory.  Or if it's not that, what change do I need to make to apache to
make it do that?  What I'm actually looking at doing is having a cgi script
when the user comes in and it can be customized, randomized, etc.  Sorry
for the flash of ignorance on my part, but I'm having far too much fun
trying to keep myself from going totally braindead today.  hehe.  Nobody's
here but me today, so life's kinda interesting at the moment.  Thanks again
guys.  You're a priceless help!