Date:      Thu, 05 Sep 1996 10:43:55 -0400
From:      Gary Chrysler <tcg@ime.net>
To:        alansky <alansky@felix.TECLink.Net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: getting FreeBSD

alansky wrote:

> This is embarrassing, but is there a single compressed/executable file
> that can be downloaded, or is it necessary to download everything under
> this directory heading? If the latter, I'll happily do it :) , but I
> don't want to if it is unnecessary.
>
> Thanks for your time -- in every way! :)
>
> Alan Sabrosky

Naw, there is no single file download!

You need to download the /bin, /floppies, etc.. etc.. directories.
The required directories are: /bin and /floppies.

so: For 2.1.5-RELEASE you would get:
 /FreeBSD/2.1.5-RELEASE/bin
                       /floppies
I suggest getting      /src
as well.
Of course get all files in them.

There are easy ways to get all files in the dir completly in one shot.
Although, Different strokes for different folx!
So need help ask.
A bit about your setup would help determine your best route. :)

-Enjoy
Gary
Improve America's Knowledge... Share yours
The Borg... Where minds meet
(207) 929-3848