Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 21:12:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Tom Torrance at home <tom@tomqnx.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RELENG_3 sa0 driver

> > I cannot reproduce this problem. Are you sure that it wasn't an I/O error
> > which caused the tape to rewind? I did put in code that tries to unload
> > the tape after an error that can cause an uncertainty in position.
>
> I'm pretty positive, Matt - no I/O errors. Also it works

Spotted a case- I forgot that I haven't done the 'EOM early warning on
writes' code yet (doing it now). If you're writing to end of tape, you'll
actually get a hard error because you've written all the way to end of
physical media, so the final filemarks will fail, and because I'm such a
nice guy I'll eject the tape (or try to) because the failure won't let me
know really where the tape is actually at. Only for QIC drives, that's a
rewind.

-matt