Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 1996 01:10:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Lars Fredriksson <natad@cryogen.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD CD-ROM

On Mon, 16 Dec 1996, Lars Fredriksson wrote:

> HI Im going to burn the FreeBSd files on an CD, but I dont now how its
> organized. Are all the directories (bin, manpages ...) in the root or
> should I create an directory to put them into. Its version 2.1.6

The REAL 2.1.6 CD is still in production.  I don't know if it's going to
follow the 2.1.5 mold or not.  I heard at one point that the dists/
directory was dead.  I suppose you could try it dists/less ...

Lay it out thus:

cdrom/:

	bin/
	doc/
	manpages/
	<other dists>/
	floppies/boot.flp

Basically, make the CD look like ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/2.1.6-RELEASE
and you shoud be good.  (you can omit ports & packages naturally)