Date:      Sun, 01 Aug 1999 16:25:02 -0500
From:      robert <robert@mhi-tx.com>
To:        freebsd list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   [no driver assigned]

hello,
I am trying to install an Adaptec AHA-2940U2   (ultra 2 wide) scsi
controller in place of the old AHA-2940AU (ultra wide) contorller..
They have the same int and i/o addr so they should swap right out
...right (nope).
I am getting a "pci0:  -whatever-  on irq 10 [no driver assigned]
message when the kernel is booting.  I never get the ahc .. waiting for
scsi device to settle message.
it seems that the ahc driver is not hooking into this card.
Of course because of this I cannot mount the root device.
Any clues or suggestions for me to find out how to get the driver to
recongnize this card  would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Robert.
ps I have also "wired" down the disk on bus 1 of the new card so it
should mark it as sd0 and continue (from LINT).   also this is on
2.2.6..
thanks again.