Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:12:47 +0200
From:      Markus Holmberg <markush@acc.umu.se>
To:        iatohm <iatohm@xntrick.dyndns.org>
Cc:        Alex Chan <alexlevinson@hotmail.com>, freebsd-mozilla@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does FBSD port of Mozilla support JRE & Flash now ?

Since no-one knowledgeable in this area seems to be around, I'll throw
in this:

Mozilla uses something called OJI (Open JVM Integration,
http://www.mozilla.org/oji/) for Java support. This requires JRE 1.3.0,
which is not natively available for FreeBSD yet (JDK 1.2.2 is, in source
form). It is possible though to run Linux JDK 1.3.0 under Linux
emulation, but I'm not sure if it helps here (since there would be
linking needed between FreeBSD and Linux binaries I believe).

Regards, Markus.

--

Markus Holmberg         |       Give me Unix or give me a typewriter.
markush@acc.umu.se      |       http://www.freebsd.org/