Date:      Thu, 5 Dec 1996 16:42:14 -0600 (CST)
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu>
To:        Lars Fredriksson <natad@cryogen.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Deleting users

On Thu, 5 Dec 1996, Lars Fredriksson wrote:

> How can I delete users that i have created ?

I've uploaded my removeuser script (a Perl script) to ftp.cdrom.com's
/pub/FreeBSD/incoming directory as removeuser2.tar.gz:

ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/removeuser2.tar.gz

Given a user ID, it will remove:
	the user's crontab
	any at jobs belonging to the user
	the user from any groups in /etc/group
	the user from the local password file (it has no idea what NIS is)
	the user's home directory
	the user's incoming mail file

It comes with a short README file detailing the simple installation
procedure and a man page.

Future enhancements should include killing all the processes that belong
to the user, among a couple of other suggestions I've received.

Guy Helmer, Computer Science Grad Student, Iowa State - ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~ghelmer