Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 14:12:27 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        "(ML) FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   poppassd

In a recent search for a cgi script to allow users to change their
passwords, I found a gateway to poppassd.  After installing and testing it,
I see that while it does change the password, poppassd is hanging on my
2.2-STABLE system.  I built poppassd from the ports collection.

Here's what happens when I run poppassd locally or by telnetting to it:

200 poppassd v1.2 hello, who are you?
user st
200 your password please.
pass PASSWORD
200 your new password please.
newpass PASSWORD

The password gets changed, but there is no further response from poppassd.

I've taken a look at the source, hoping that it would be something simple.
But, I'm not much of a hacker, and can't seem to identify the problem.

If anyone has any spare time, I would appreciate it if you could take a
look at the port, and see if you can figure it out and let me know what's
up.

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services
http://www.i-Plus.net