Date:      Sun, 9 Aug 1998 20:16:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ports submissions via /pub/FreeBSD/incoming

Hi all,

I don't want to create a big fuss, but does anybody
besides me find that having portballs sent to the
incoming directory on ftp.freebsd.org is a bit of a
pain?  I have a much easier time closing PRs when
they are attached to the PR.  I know this fattens
up the PR system but it does make good at keeping
records of the original portball.

I know, I know, all I have to do is send off an Email
asking that the files be moved, but I find myself
time and again just skipping over PRs because the
files I need are not readily available. :(

I for one would like to put in my vote to change the
handbook to say that attaching the portball to the
PR should be the norm.  I know this would not be
the desired solution for large ports (eg. history
has shown the pine* ports to be larger than most),
but it would catch most cases and make it easier
for me at least. ;)

Thoughts/comments?  No flames. :)

Steve