Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 1996 23:17:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      mitayai@dreaming.org (Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and a 286?

On Tue, 20 Feb 1996, Dave Walton wrote:

> Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 15:16:13 -0800 (PST)
> From: Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>
> To: Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
> Cc: Jaykork@aol.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Re: FreeBSD and a 286?
>
> On Tue, 20 Feb 1996, Terry Lambert wrote:
>
> > > Hi there, I have a DEC 286 VaxMate computer, is there any way that I can run
> > > FreeBSD unix on it? If not, can you suggest a flavor of UNIX that will run on
> > > the 286?
>
> > Minix (you might find an older copy of the Tannenbaum book with a disk)
>
> Hmmm...  I may just have a set of Minix disks laying around here
> somewhere.  If someone can tell me how to make disk images from them, I'd
> be glad to mail the images to anyone who really needs a 286 unix.

i think this wil work....

stick the disk in your FreeBSD box and

dd if=/dev/rfd0.1440 of=disk1.img

(insert appropriate floppy device)

:)

sure, i'd love a copy. :)

-Mit

   Will Mitayai Keeso Rowe at DreamLabs Community Information Network
              Toronto/Peterborough/Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
           Web: http://www.dreaming.org/~mitayai  IRC: Mitayai
                       Email: mitayai@dreaming.org