Date:      Sat, 4 Jul 1998 00:21:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Chris Coleman <chris@bb.cc.wa.us>
To:        Francisco Reyes <reyesf@newsguy.com>
Cc:        "advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG" <advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Advocates, speak up!  (re: just something to say)

> I don't think we need to compare against Linux or any other not well
> known OS for a business person. I think NT, Netware and Solaris
> should be our targets.

I think you will find a lot of sympathy from the Netware Admins.  We run
Netware and FreeBSD here, and find it a good combination.Most admins of
Netware are looking for something non-M$ to put their trust in.  Something
that doesn't fight against Netware.  And Since Netware just sent to using
X on their server, (running CDE) you might get more enthusiasim.  Try to
sell it as a solution to things that Netware doesnt do, not a a
replacement.

We run FreeBSD as a WEB SErver, DNS, and backup printing to Novell..
Keeps us from having all our eggs in one basket.

	-Chris