Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 2013 11:13:29 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz_lst@tdx.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-xen@freebsd.org
Subject:   Snapshots with 'disk and memory' take a very long time? / calcru: runtime went backwards

Now we've got the ability to take snapshots with 'memory' - they seem to
take a very long time...

Setup is FreeBSD 9.2-RC3 amd64 XENHVM system running under Xen Server 6.2,
on a reasonably fast machine (all SSD storage).

In XenCenter a 'disk snapshot' completes in 3 seconds, however selecting
'Snapshot the virtual machine's disks and memory' takes over a minute?

We're new to Xen - so I've no idea if that's a good, or bad time? - The
guest host goes comatose while it's happening as well.

Also once the snapshot is complete the console starts filling with lots of:

"
calcru: runtime went backwards from 752 usec to 717 usec for pid X
"

(Lots of values for 'from' and 'to' and lots, i.e. all PID's).

Restarting the VM fixes this.

Any pointers? - aside from switching the kernel to XENHVM, installing
'xe-guest-utilities' and 'removing' the CDROM drive from the image - it's
all stock settings.

Thanks,

-Karl