Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 1998 13:17:26 -0800
From:      Ian Field <ifield@mstk.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   NIS & Windows telnet

Hello,

	I've been working on implementing NIS - and I think I'm in the
home stretch, I can successfully login to NIS clients as a user that
exists remotely on the NIS server (via telnet or rlogin from another
FreeBSD box)  Yet I have an interesting problem with remote logins from
Windows NT telnet... when I attempt to connect, I get this error which
repeats infinitely:

			yp_match: clnt_call: RPC: Timed out

	NT Telnet connections worked perfectly before I enabled NIS -
and telnet still works from other BSD machines, any suggestions?

	Also - how does one auto-mount NFS volumes at boot (i.e. home
dirs on NIS server)?

Thanks in advance
Ian Field
ifield@mstk.com