Date:      Mon, 5 Feb 2001 23:20:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      jaime@snowmoon.com
To:        Beech Rintoul <akbeech@anchoragerescue.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Nameserver for virtual host

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> Thanks for responding. What I'm trying to figure is the DNS settings.
> I have a working nameserver for my main domain. All the examples I've
> read point to other nameservers. Is it possible to resolve two domain
> names to the same machine? If so, how do I add the second domain in
> BIND.  I'm trying to avoid getting another static IP, and having to
> set up a third nameserver. I am somewhat familiar with setting up the
> SOA and A records etc....but I can't quite figure out how to do this.

	Sounds like you just need a few quick tips on DNS systems and BIND
in particular.  Yes, two names can point to the same IP.  In fact, I use
the CNAME records in BIND to do this all the time.  These settings go in
your /etc/named/* files, though the exact file will varry depending on
your configs.

www	IN	CNAME	foo
mail	IN	CNAME	foo
foo	IN	A	1.2.3.4
foo	IN	MX	2.3.4.5 ; To send email elsewhere

	Does that help?  Email me directly (or via CC) if you want more
helkp.  I'm about to unsubscribe from the list for an unknown length of
time.

							Jaime