Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 2008 12:35:07 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        "B. Cook" <bcook@poughkeepsieschools.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports-mgmt/portmaster question

--------------enig5A627A46DBDF3F5780BF96E1

B. Cook wrote:
> Is there a way to pass make args (other than -m) for each port?
>=20
> For example if I use -m BUILD_STATIC=3DYES and -m BUILD_OPTIMIZED=3DYES=
 for=20
> mysql50-server.. other than remembering that I did that.. is there=20
> someway to have portmaster read its portmaster.rc and get that informat=
ion?

Yes.  Actually, it's not portmaster specific -- it works for any method o=
using ports.  Just edit /etc/make.conf to include the options you want.

eg.

WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=3D      yes
WITH_BDB_VER=3D   46
WITH_MYSQL_VER=3D 50
WITH_OPENLDAP_VER=3D      24
WANT_OPENLDAP_SASL=3D     yes
WITH_APACHE2=3D   yes
APACHE_PORT=3D    www/apache22
WITH_MODPERL2=3D  yes

If you want options that only apply to specific ports, then you can use
a construct like this:

=2Eif ${.CURDIR:M*/databases/mysql*}
WITH_CHARSET=3Dutf8
WITH_XCHARSET=3Dnone
WITH_COLLATION=3Dutf8_unicode_ci
WITH_OPENSSL=3Dyes
BUILD_OPTIMIZED=3Dyes
WITH_INNODB=3Dyes
WITH_ARCHIVE=3Dyes
WITH_FEDERATED=3Dyes
WITH_NDB=3Dyes
WITH_CSV=3Dyes
WITH_SPHINXSE=3Dyes
=2Eendif=20

If editing /etc/make.conf gives you too much grief, then look at the
ports-mgmt/portconf tool -- it works the same way (ie. by setting
variables in the make system) but has a user interface that attempts
to be a bit more friendly.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20