Date:      Mon, 03 Feb 2003 14:19:39 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        ob@e-Gitt.NET, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question about devd concept

Warner,

I hate Mondays, especially when I am the front-line network trouble
person (cleverly called Person of the Week or POW).

I have not had much time, but I can confirm that pccard_ether is NOT
called when the card is already inserted at boot time and IS called
when the card is inserted after the system is booted. But this still
works! The card configures just fine. ???

I now am loading both if_xe and if_wi in the loader and this seems to
have made things generally happy. I hope to try your recommended patch
shortly, but the kernel takes quite a while to build on this rather
old system with all of the debug stuff enabled.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)