Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 07:12:26 -0700
From:      Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        Josh Brooks <user@mail.econolodgetulsa.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: compiling afacli use into kernel for PERC

Josh Brooks wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running 4.6-RELEASE, and I have been successfully using my PERC 3/si
> for many months.
>
> I just decided that I want to use afacli to check the status of the
> server.  So, I added this to my kernel config:
>
> options		AAC_COMPAT_LINUX
>
> make depend worked fine, but then I did the make and got:
>
> linking kernel
> aac.o(.data+0x39c): undefined reference to `linux_ioctl_register_handler'
> aac.o(.data+0x3ac): undefined reference to
> `linux_ioctl_unregister_handler'
> *** Error code 1
>
> What am I doing wrong ?
>
> thanks.

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-scsi" in the body of the message

You also need to add the line

options		LINUX_COMPAT

to your kernel config.

Alternatively, you can use the FreeBSD-native version that is available
from Adaptec.  It's designed to work on Dell, HP, and Adaptec flavors
of cards, and can be found by searching for software downloads that
are available from the '5400S' card.  It'll be under the name 'aaccli'

Scott