Date:      Fri, 04 Oct 1996 18:57:18 +0900
From:      "Jun, Gyu-Chang" <geoid@ktnet.co.kr>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Losing default gateway..

 Hello, world..

 My two FreeBSD 2.1.5 boxes forget defaut gateway ip address so frequently..
 So, I have to "route add default xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" to remind them.

 How can I improve their IQ not to forget the address anymore?
 Or do I have to remind them of the address every time they forget it?
 Or do I have to add cron entry for doing this?

 For your information, the spec. of these boxes..
   P-133, 32MB, 1GB IDE, IDE CDROM, 3com 509 ethernet card.
   P-90,  32MB, 1GB SCSI, 3com 509 ethernet card.
 The default gateway is 3COM NBII router.

 They run "routed -q" only.. NO, GATED...

 Thanks in advance..
Korea Trade Network.                             http://www.ktnet.co.kr/
Communication Business Team.                          fax : 82-2-5512268
Tech. Staff                                                 82-2-5518682