Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 1998 14:15:06 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP : laptop power-down change

In message <199812111954.LAA27864@bubba.whistle.com> Archie Cobbs writes:
: FreeBSD is (ideally) independent of specific architectures/hardware.
: Therefore, to be consistent and non-hardware-specific FreeBSD should
: support both -h and -p.

Agreed.

: Now in the subcase that you're running FreeBSD on i386 with no monitor
: ROM, then I don't what's wrong with making '-h' and '-p' degenerate,
: ie, they both do the same thing: halt the system and cause a power off.

Also agreed.

For a power managed i386 system, I see no benefit from not mapping the
two to the same thing.

Warner