Date:      Tue, 22 Aug 2000 07:25:22 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Andrew Hall <usernumber1000@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   apology and question

Hello,
First off I want to apolgize for sending a subscribe
mail to this list. I have been trying to post a
question to the list for three days now.  My company
just switched from qmail to exchange (aka crap).
Since that time I have not been able to post to the
list, so the reason for my above mistake. My bad.

Secondly, I have a freebsd 4.0 machine with
X11R6.3/XFree installed.  I installed netscape in
/usr/ports/www/netscape4-communicator-us.
When I start netscape in I get the following error:

	"locale C not supported"

I have looked at the mailing list archive and can not
find much on this.  I have tried playing with the
varibles $LC_LANG, $LC_ALL, and $LC_LOCALE, $XNLSPATH
all to no avail.  The only solution I saw on the
mailing list was to point $XNLSPATH to the X11R5 path.
 I do not have X11R5 installed nor do I wish to
install it. In the error message it stated that the
necessary files are included in the distribution but I
could not find them.  Could someone please point me in
the right direction to fix this.

Thanks very much in advance.  Again my bad.

Andrew Hall