Date:      Wed, 8 Oct 1997 11:52:51 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@ucb.crimea.ua>
To:        questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   sendmail: MinFreeBlocks question

Hi, sendmail gurus!

When I come today, my /var filesystem was full.

sendmail (8.8.7) shows the following:
	--- rejecting connections on port 25: min free: 100 ---

In the Operation Guide I've read that sendmail will refuse
SMTP MAIL command with error 452, right?

Okay, I tried `telnet my_sendmail_machine 25'.
The result - not an 452 error, but tcp connection refused!!!

Okay, I've made my /var filesystem's freespace to equal to 20M
and was waiting about 20 minutes.

The same.
Sendmail was listening on port 25 (netstat -an) and shown in
the ps output with the same "reject ... min free ..." proctitle.

When I killed sendmail and started it again, everything become ok.

Any idea on what is wrong?

Thanks,
--
Ruslan A. Ermilov	System Administrator