Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:57:04 +0200
From:      Daniel Hartmeier <daniel@benzedrine.cx>
To:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
Cc:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: broken ip checksum after frag reassemble of nfs READDIR?

It begins to look like OpenBSD does fix IP checksums on bridges outside
of pf, while FreeBSD doesn't.

The weird thing is that I haven't found where exactly this happens. It's
kind of a layer violation for bridge code to do that, but maybe it's
somewhere else along the code path.

Instead of adding checksum fixup code again, I think it's better to take
a step back and find out why the checksums are correct on OpenBSD. The
previous fixes assumed the checksums would be wrong on OpenBSD as well,
but they related to pf actions more subtle than basic fragment
reassembly.

Daniel