Date:      Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:09:21 -0400
From:      Jud <judmarc@fastmail.fm>
To:        sweetleaf <sweetleaf@myrealbox.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: running netscape 7.0.2 "linux version" on freebsd-5.1, help?

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 20:00:31 -0500, sweetleaf <sweetleaf@myrealbox.com> =

wrote:

> I just downloaded Netscape 7.0.2 from Netscape.com "linux version" and=
 am =

 =

> Netscape....so i start Netscape
>
> # /usr/compat/linux/usr/local/netscape/netscape
>
> Now i am ask when profile to start Netscape as, so i select the previo=
us =

> "default" i had been running Netscape under. The problem is after =

> selecting "default" and clicking on start i am getting this error abou=
t =

> it cant use that profile as its already in use...but its not because t=
his =

> is the first instance of Netscape i am attempting to start after a =

> reboot. The only way i can get Netscape to start is to create another =

> profile, which it does the same to after a reboot or restart. for. ex.=
 i =

 =

> again with that profile its says that profile is already in use. If =

> anybody has had this issue and solved it, i would appreciate some =

> guidance on this.
>
> thanks, and have a good day.

Re this and your Sun Java question: Why not use the FreeBSD "linux-" por=
ts? =

 (Haven't checked to see what the latest linux-Netscape port is; if it's=
 =

not up to 7.0.2, you can install the earlier version, or at least look a=
t =

what the port maintainer has done for hints with regard to such stuff as=
 =

build options, places to install various files, etc.)

Jud