Date:      Mon, 21 Oct 2002 19:44:18 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        "Greg 'groggy' Lehey" <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>, Kirk Strauser <kirk@strauser.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Vinum - A Way to Create Without Losing Data?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> On Monday, 21 October 2002 at 10:07:46 -0400, Jerry McAllister wrote:
>
>>[Missing attribution to Kirk Strauser]

>>>It sounded like he was asking about growfs(8).  I haven't used it, but
>>>wouldn't that work?
>>
>>It sounds to me like he is talking about software raid.
>>Take a look at the 'vinum' stuff.

I just did this over the weekend for a client.  Added a drive to an existing
vinum mirror set, and then used growfs to increase the filesystem size.
Worked great! (Well done, Greg, and whoever did the growfs stuff)

However, I don't know how/if you can do it with a filesystem that isn't
already a vinum volume.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies