Date:      24 May 2002 14:52:59 +0200
From:      "Georg-W. Koltermann" <Georg.Koltermann@mscsoftware.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   reading kernel dump - post gcc 3.1

Hi,

I got a couple of kernel panics recently, some of them "buffer not
locked". I would like to know how I can get more information out of the
dump.

The system's gdb does not like the dump format any more, see also
bin/38236.  There is an advertised workaround in that pr of using gdb52,
but I couldn't get that to work ("not a core dump: File format not
recognized").

Am I missing something? How do you guys read your dumps?

--
Regards,
Georg.