Date:      Sun, 6 Nov 2005 18:50:05 +0300
From:      Yar Tikhiy <yar@comp.chem.msu.su>
To:        Andrew Thompson <thompsa@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, Jon Otterholm <jon.otterholm@ide.resurscentrum.se>
Subject:   Re: if_bridge and vlan

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 07:01:25AM +1300, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 06:32:31PM +0200, Jon Otterholm wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know if if_bridge supports vlan-interfaces?
>
> Yes it does.

Last time I tried if_bridge wouldn't run STP over vlan interfaces.
It was due some tests for IFT_ETHER only and not for IFT_L2VLAN in
the code.  However, after fixing those tests, STP was active on vlan,
but still wasn't really working, presumably due to my switch swallowing
the STP frames.  I hope to continue investigating the issue when time
permits.

--
Yar