Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2014 18:37:14 +0200
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Deleting IPv4 iface-routes from extra FIBs

--------------enig12E99B1A277853E263555BCD

Hello,

here, http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base?view=3Drevision&revision=3D248895
interface route protection was added (so the following problem arose
with 9.2).

Unfortunately, in my case, I must be able to delete these routes; not in
the default FIB, but in jail's fibs, because:
=C2=B7 Host is multihomed with multiple nics in different subnets.
=C2=B7 Jail's IP (no vnet) is from a different subnet than host's
default-router subnet =E2=80=93 jail has no ip in the range of host's
default-router!!!
=C2=B7 FIB used by jail contains valid default-router.

Problem:
If iface-routes exist in jail's FIB, answer-packets take the
iface-shortcut, not trespassing the router (default gateway); hence
3way-handshake never finishes and firewall terminates (half-opened) TCP
sessions.

Workarround:
=C2=B7 Abuse packet filter doing some kind of route-to=E2=80=A6
=C2=B7 Revert r248895, to be able to delete v4-iface-routes (inet6-routes=
 can
be deleted without any hack)

Desired solution:
=C2=B7 Allow deletion of v4-iface-routes if FIB!=3D0.

Unfortunately my C skills don't allow me to implement this myself :-(
I can't even follow the code, I guess that was originally considered,
but possibly doesn't work bacause of a simple bug?!? I took the lazy way
and simply reverted r248895 instead of trying to understand
rtrequest1_fib(). I wish I had the time to learn=E2=80=A6

Thanks for any help,

-Harry