Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:44:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        dima@unixfreak.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "make buildkernel" breakage in sys/modules/if_ef/../../net/if_ef.c??

>Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:22:35 -0800
>From: Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>

>David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org> writes:
>> ===> if_ef
>> @ -> /usr/src/sys
>> machine -> /usr/src/sys/i386/include
>> echo "#define IPX 1" > opt_ipx.h
>> echo "#define INET 1" > opt_inet.h
>> echo "

>Try building make(1) manually, sticking it in /usr/bin, and using the
>new version to build the kernel.

OK, that worked -- thanks!!

More accurately, since I had done a successful "make buildworld", I
copied /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.bin/make over to /usr/bin/make (after
renaming the latter), and a "make buildkernel" for GENERIC worked.

I'm now building the kernel I really want.  :-)

So I'd have thought that the "make buildkernel" process should have been
using the freshly-made "make" over in /usr/obj -- or am I confused
(again)?

Thanks again,
david
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product.