Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 01:16:37 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        "Michael A. Endsley" <mandm@alaska.com>
Cc:        thomas@hentschel.net, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Signal 11 on 3.3 installation

"Michael A. Endsley" wrote:

> If this is so (bad ram), then why could I:
> 1). Install FreeBSD 3.0 with no problems
> 2). Install FreeBSD 3.2 with no problems
> 3). Upgrade Debian Linux from Hamm to Slink with no problems
> 4). Install OS/2 Warp4 (and fixpaks) with no problems?

It happens. RAM will blow you up depending on it's usage pattern. It
might work for years, and then a simple change in the usage pattern
will come up with the defect.

> Also, I just as I was getting ready to get it bed, I turned on another
> computer (P166) and tried it.
> Guess what? It caught the signal 11 at the exact same spot.

Exact same spot? Then it is *NOT* a RAM problem.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	Rule 69: Do unto other's code as you'd have it do unto yours