Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 18:30:56 -0400
From:      rknebel@csrlink.net
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   xinitrc file

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q

Hi,
I am trying to fine tune my xinitrc file and am running into an annoying
problem. The last line in it which was there when I intially installed
freebsd 2.2.2, brings up an xterm window which is called login. This appears
whenever I start x and to exit x I have to type exit in this xterm window.
If I delete this line my X server will not start. Does this line have to be
there or is there a way to get rid of it. I will attach a copy of my xinitrc
file.
Thanks Alot

--
Rick Knebel
rknebel@mail.csrlink.net

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q

#!/bin/sh
# $XConsortium: xinitrc.cpp,v 1.4 91/08/22 11:41:34 rws Exp $

userresources=$HOME/.Xresources
usermodmap=$HOME/.Xmodmap
sysresources=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/.Xresources
sysmodmap=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/.Xmodmap

# merge in defaults and keymaps

if [ -f $sysresources ]; then
    xrdb -merge $sysresources
fi

if [ -f $sysmodmap ]; then
    xmodmap $sysmodmap
fi

if [ -f $userresources ]; then
    xrdb -merge $userresources
fi

if [ -f $usermodmap ]; then
    xmodmap $usermodmap
fi

# start some nice programs

exec afterstep &
exec xterm -geometry 80x66+0+0 -name login

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q--