Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 1999 11:26:47 -0400
From:      Christopher Michaels <ChrisMic@clientlogic.com>
To:        "'alex_pri@yahoo.com'" <alex_pri@yahoo.com>
Subject:   RE: POP3/SMTP mail server

Ok Alex,
What you need to do is install one of the mail packages.  IMAP and POP mail
do not come with FreeBSD.  You need to install one of these ports to have
access to mail IMAP/POP mail.

What I use is the imap-uw mail package.  What you can do is type the
following.

	cd /usr/ports/mail/imap-uw
	make all install clean
	more pkg/DESCR

The reason I am having you read the pkg/DESCR file is because it tells you
exactly what you need to type in you /etc/inetd.conf file to make IMAP/POP
mail work.

I hope this helps you.
-Chris

P.S.  A port is a software package on FreeBSD that allows you to easily
install a software program.
P.P.S.  It's 11:23 am for me right now. :)