Date:      Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:49:28 -0400
From:      "Swanton, George" <gswanton@biw.com>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   3 Com Fast Etherlink 3C515-TX

Hello,

I think I know the answer but I'm hoping I'm wrong -

3 Com Fast Etherlink 3C515-TX doesn't appear on the compatible
hardware list but there are a number of similarly coded 3 Com NIC's,
any chance it will work? Maybe if I ask it really nicely?

There is some chatter on this in the archives (not the reassuring kind)
but no definitive yes/no type reply.

Thanks very much for a)making me very happy
                                b)confirming my fears
gps

George P Swanton
CSC/BIW-LPD17