Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 14:11:10 -0300 (ART)
From:      Daniel <freebsd@grunblatt.com.ar>
To:        <freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   BROKEN DRIVER: pcm0: <Yamaha DS-1E (YMF744)> mem 0xfedf0000-0xfedf7fff irq 9 at device 9.0 on pci0

When I try to listen an mp3 with mpg123 it says:
pcm0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead
With amp it doesn't work neither but no error message is reported.
Playing a wav using wavplay makes me hear noice.
I can only play cds.
I think that it may be something wrong with the changes done in
/usr/src/sys/dev/sound/pcm/channel.c between revision 1.51 and 1.53, of
course a lots of other changes on how to use pci devices required this
file to change but it was working with revision 1.51.
I'm on a Sony VAIO PCG-XG38.