Date:      Tue, 11 Oct 2011 05:32:46 -0400
From:      Matthew Franz <mdfranz@gmail.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dag=2DErling_Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
Cc:        Mike Brown <mike@skew.org>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reasonable expectations of sysadmins

I've found this to be especially useful on PF+CARP pairs when making
networking changes. Did the interfaces come up properly, did the
routes, did the PF rules upon reboot?

In some virtualized (non-BSD) environments some folks rebuild the
image from scratch from packages and from a source of truce
(puppet/chef repo) to be sure you can always have a clean build.

- mdf