Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 1996 12:08:19 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Charles Green <green@arf.cs.sunyit.edu>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dumb question about SCO compat

>         Quite awhile back I heard someone mention that at one point
> they had a large subset of SCO running under the SCO (ibcs2) compat on
> a FreeBSD system.  I also believe that he was using the shared libs
> scarfed off of a SCO system.  (Finally to the question!) How possible
> is that now if I were to order the SCO Free* OpenServer and used those
> libs?

It may have been Terry, but I've had some significant SCO applications
running under emulation.  I had to use SCO shlibs initially, but since
it required SCO licenses for every application it made no sense, so I
versions of the commercial software used which didn't use SCO shlibs.

> I'm curious as to how much that would help in attempting to run
> something like SCO's oracle, word perfect, etc.

That's the same reason I'm ordering it.

Nate