Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:29:32 -0500
From:      "Andresen,Jason R." <jandrese@mitre.org>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        "'Ken Bolingbroke'" <hacker@bolingbroke.com>, "'Jason Heibult'" <heib2246@blue.univnorthco.edu>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Minimum system requirements for FreeBSD

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> [...]

The only major problem we've run into is that those 10 year old
HDs tend to die.  Still, all you need to do is upgrade a drive
in one of your current machines and donate the old small one to
the firewall machine.  This has kept our 486sx33 with 8MB of ram
alive for much longer than the manufacturer intended.

--
  / \/ \  | ||_ _||  _ \|___| | Jason Andresen -- jandrese@mitre.org