Date:      Mon, 15 Jan 2001 19:37:52 -0600
From:      Ted Rattei <tedr@visi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Custom Kernel for install floppy?

Hello all,

I have compiled a kernel that has support for the MCA bus, including
the Adaptec 1640 SCSI card, and a 3Com NIC.  I only set the options
that were necessary for this particular machine (a NCR System 3450
quad-P100 server).  I have looked in the handbook with no success -
how do I move this new kernel onto the boot floppy?  The kernel is
about 1.4 MB  - I presume that it gets gzip compressed or something.
Assistance is greatly appriciated!

--
Ted Rattei ** tedr@visi.com
Tech Support -- VISI.com [because your business is online]