Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 10:03:44 -0800 (PST)
From:      "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        Marc Giannoni <marc@versa.eng.comsat.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GTK and FreeBSD ports

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Marc Giannoni wrote:

> A lot of graphic applications require different versions of
> the GTK library.  I've had problems with these clashing,
> especially when trying to compile GNOME.
>
> What am I doning wrong?

I've had many similar problems by installing different ports at different
times spanning months.  I believe that if you upgrade ALL of your graphic
apps to the most recent version (or previous versions all on the same CD),
then you problems will go away. There is certainly a more elegant
solution, though, and I'll let someone else come up with that.

  Kenneth J. Marsh             University of Washington
  durang@u.washington.edu        Chemical Engineering