Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 1996 13:45:29 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        cosmos@sponsor.octet.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: to hear the voice again...

>  in recent times we have been hearing the voice of spunky...
>
>  but where has our beloved friend jesus monroy gone?

when the US govenment shutdown, so did computer running the AI
program called "babble" (also known on USENET news as "Jesus Monroy").
Some people saw the experimental Jesus hologram at a California computer
meeting and thus the legend that Jesus is a real person started. For
further information see the five episodes of the X-Files that covered
the Monroy sightings, coverup, and conspiracy.

--mark "okay I am just a program too, but that is another story" :)