Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 15:00:10 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jordan DeLong <fracture@allusion.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/27911: New Port: editors/led, a little text editor

The following reply was made to PR ports/27911; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jordan DeLong <fracture@allusion.net>
To: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 14:50:14 -0700

 --jI8keyz6grp/JLjh

 On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 10:04:35PM +0300, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

 > Yes, please do.
 >=20

 the new port is available in PR: ports/27914 .  it just adds that
 share/doc thing and a pkg-message that mentions it.  Oh and it changes
 the MAINTAINER=3D. Thanks for your help with this.

 > BTW, for some reason led doesn't 8-bit clean, i.e. when I'm switching my =
 keyboard
 > to koi8-r and trying to type something it doesn't produce anything but fu=
 nny
 > beeps. Is it something that could be solved in the next release?

 This would be a problem.  I'll definately have this in by the next release,
 because text editors become pretty useless when they don't support all the
 characters that they should.  This was something on the mental list of thin=
 gs
 I wanted to work, but it slipped my mind, so thanks for mentioning it.

 Also for the next release I'll have that change you made to the configure
 script: it's not nice for me to assume they want -O2, they can specify that
 with the CFLAGS env if they want, I think.

 > Also it would be nice to see a Python syntax mode, but it is not
 > an urgent issue. ;)

 This is the second request for a python mode, hehe. I have a few friends
 who are python fans, so this will probably happen soon.  The syntax
 highlighting can be done a flex scanner so it's actually pretty easy to
 add new hilighting modes.  No guarantee on it being in the next release
 though.

 --=20
 Jordan DeLong
 fracture@allusion.net